26 Jul 2017, by IngeGerrebrands
starts on 5 Jan 2017,
ends on 30 Mar 2017
0 Comments on this event
- January 6, Bowery Electric, 7:15 PM New York, NY.
- January 8, Michiko Studios APAP Showcase, New York, NY.
- January 22, East Meadow Library, East Meadow, NY.
- January 27, the Netherlands Club, New York, NY.
- January 29, SOFAR SOUNDS, New York, NY.
- March 11, 54 Below feat. Gloria Reuben, New York, NY.
- March 17, Terra Firma, Brooklyn, NY.
- March 31, Palace Theater, Waterbury, CT.
- April 14, HI New York City Hostel, New York, NY.
- August 26, Lewiston Jazz Festival, Lewiston, NY.
The Philippe Lemm Trio, comprised of Dutch drummer Philippe Lemm and American pianist and bassist Angelo Di Loreto and Jeff Koch, respectively, houses a dynamically creative, exciting, and fresh sound, spanning multiple influences from all of its members. The trio won the International B-Jazz competition in 2015 and the group’s performance of Di Loreto’s original composition “Salt Road” earned an ASCAP Jazz Composer Award in 2013. The three musicians met during their master’s degree at Manhattan School of Music in 2011, where they quickly realized that they had an undeniable musical chemistry and understanding of each other’s musical personalities. They began performing together in and out of the school, and eventually did a residency at the newly-formed True School of Music in Mumbai, India in August- December 2013, where they taught, gave masterclasses, and toured with Bollywood music star Shilpa Rao. Musically, the group’s sound draws influences from the classical, jazz, and prog rock idioms, to name a few. Their sound is captivating and exciting, and always strives to be fresh, original, and moving.
in the spotlight
Nov 7, 2018
The Verhoeven Twins and "Varnitas of Life" are on view in the Carpenters Workshop Gallery in New York from November 7
Oct 26, 2018
The Orléans Collection @ New Orleans Museum of Art On View From October 26
Nov 3, 2018
The Dutch breakdancing company The Ruggeds will perform in Colorado as part of the world-renowned Breakin' Convention
Oct 13, 2018
Iris van Herpen will be featured in "Kimono Refashioned" at the Newark Museum in NJ from October 13