30 Jan 2018, by LiselottePel
starts on 10 Feb 2018,
ends on 10 Feb 2018
0 Comments on this event
On February 10, 2018, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm there will be a Black Heritage New York tour. Black Heritage Tours present a fully-immersive experience exploring New York State (formerly the Dutch colony, New Netherland) in a whole new way. Founded by Jennifer Tosch, a descendant of this shared history and co-created by the Mapping Slavery Project; together with their partners, developed this interactive tour to create an authentic cultural heritage experience that goes beyond what most tours offer today.
The influence of Dutch culture in New York State is still evident today. It is clearly seen in the architectural heritage, food, city, and street names; and, in many of the present-day celebrations. This is the first tour to connect the history of the Dutch with African and Native American heritage.
The tour invites everyone to explore and discover New York State's hidden history, and origins of its earliest inhabitants while visiting historic sites, museums, monuments and local attractions.
Experience New York's Fall Foliage starting in Harlem we'll travel upstate through the Hudson River Valley to witness the brilliant transformation of the autumn leaves.
Click here to book your ticket!
* Round-trip transportation from NYC via private coach bus
* Entry to all museums, historic sites, museums and attractions
* Fully-guided professional tour with additional guides / interpreters at designated sites
* 15% discount on Amtrak, if traveling from other parts of NY State (restrictions apply)
* 2-nights hotel accommodations (based on double-occupancy; single rooms available)
* Souvenir booklet: Mapping Dutch New York: History of Slavery & African Heritage
* Daily breakfast at the hotel, box lunch, and dinner, as indicated on the itinerary
* Air travel arrangements available by, RHYTHMflow Vacations, NYC
* Tour package price: $655 per person (all taxes and gratuities are included)
* Additional overnight stays may be added. Private tours available upon request
in the spotlight
Jun 8, 2018
On June 8th, the exhibition "Escher: The Exhibition and Experience" will open at Industry City, Brooklyn, NY
Jun 4, 2018
On June 4th, Tosca Opdam will make her Weill Recital Hall Debut at Carnegie Hall, NYC
Jun 1, 2018
From June 1st until 30th, Marjolijn de Wit will present "Three Stones Make a Wall" at the Torrance Art Museum (TAM), CA
May 26, 2018
From May 26th until June 10th, the REDCAT International Children's Film Festival will feature three Dutch films