May 24th, 25th, and 26th, Jaap van Zweden conducts the Dallas Symphony Orchestra for one last time. With a killer cast and a stellar line-up, he is sure to leave in style after a decade. Tickets are available via the official website.
- Jonathan Leshnoff – Violin Concerto No. 2
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 9, “Choral”
- Jaap van Zweden – Conductor
- Alexander Kerr – Violin
- Lise Lindstrum – Soprano
- Michelle Deyoung – Mezzo-Soprano*
- Stuart Skelton – Tenor
- Matthias Goerne – Baritone
- Joshua Habermann – Dallas Symphony Chorus Director
*Dallas Symphony Orchestra artist
Jaap van Zweden
Jaap van Zweden made a name for himself as the youngest concertmaster of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, after which he held various positions at internationally acclaimed orchestras. In the US Van Zweden gained fame as the musical director of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, where he now departs after an impressive ten years.
On January 27, 2016, the prestigious New York Philharmonic announced that the 57-year-old maestro would be appointed the office of music director, effective with the 2018/19 season.