On February 10, 2018, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm there will be a Black Heritage New York tour. Black Heritage Tours present a fully-immersive experience exploring New York State (formerly the Dutch colony, New Netherland) in a whole new way. Founded by Jennifer Tosch, a descendant of this shared history and co-created by the Mapping Slavery Project; together with their partners, developed this interactive tour to create an authentic cultural heritage experience that goes beyond what most tours offer today.
The influence of Dutch culture in New York State is still evident today. It is clearly seen in the architectural heritage, food, city, and street names; and, in many of the present-day celebrations. This is the first tour to connect the history of the Dutch with African and Native American heritage.
The tour invites everyone to explore and discover New York State’s hidden history, and origins of its earliest inhabitants while visiting historic sites, museums, monuments and local attractions.
Experience New York’s Fall Foliage starting in Harlem we’ll travel upstate through the Hudson River Valley to witness the brilliant transformation of the autumn leaves.
Click here to book your ticket!
* Round-trip transportation from NYC via private coach bus
* Entry to all museums, historic sites, museums and attractions
* Fully-guided professional tour with additional guides / interpreters at designated sites
* 15% discount on Amtrak, if traveling from other parts of NY State (restrictions apply)
* 2-nights hotel accommodations (based on double-occupancy; single rooms available)
* Souvenir booklet: Mapping Dutch New York: History of Slavery & African Heritage
* Daily breakfast at the hotel, box lunch, and dinner, as indicated on the itinerary
* Air travel arrangements available by, RHYTHMflow Vacations, NYC
* Tour package price: $655 per person (all taxes and gratuities are included)
* Additional overnight stays may be added. Private tours available upon request