“I feel a deep urge to reconnect on a basic human level with people in general. Music as our universal language has the power to unite. Regardless of our cultural differences I believe we have an innate understanding of what it means to be human. We have our goosebumps to show for it.” – Joep Beving
Dutch pianist and composer Joep Beving is coming to North America for a tour. Starting off in Los Angeles, California on October 23rd, Beving will then move on to several other cities in the US and Canada and end his tour right here in New York City at National Sawdust on November 3rd!
New Album Conatus
Beving’s new album Conatus is out now via Deutsche Grammophon. Conatus is made up of re-worked pieces from Beving’s first two albums, Solipsism and Prehension. Beving invited a range of artists he knows and admires to each re-imagine one of his pieces, resulting in a full album of new and original interpretations. The collaborations include Suzanne Ciani, CFCF, Tom Trago, Eefje de Visser, Colin Benders, Andrea Belfi and Thomas Bloch, in addition to the acclaimed Cello Octet Amsterdam.
In celebration of the release, Beving will embark on a North American tour with stops in Los Angeles, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York City and more. See below for a complete list of dates.
About Joep Beving
Joep Beving’s playing — understated, haunting, melancholic — marks him out as the gentlest of giants, his delicate melodies soothing the soul in these troubled times. His first album, Solipsism, recorded in his kitchen late at night while the rest of his household slept, was such a viral sensation that it knocked One Direction off of the top spot in the charts, launching his career as a heartfelt, meditative performer and composer of the first class. Now he has a new album coming out, and he’s playing it live, turning to the piano to score the unmade film of lives yet to come. Joep’s music is the antidote to that hectic world of uncertainty and fear — a soundtrack for a kinder, more hopeful future.
- Tue, October 23: Lodge Room Highland Park, Los Angeles, CA – TICKETS
- Thu, October 25: The Old Church, Portland, OR – TICKETS
- Fri, October 26: Benayora Hall, Seattle, WA – TICKETS
- Sat, October 27: The Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver, Canada – TICKETS
- Mon, October 29: Cedar Cultural Center, Minneapolis, MN – TICKETS
- Tue, October 30: Constellation, Chicago, IL – TICKETS
- Thu, November 01: Theatre Fairmount, Montreal, Canada – TICKETS
- Fri, November 02: National Sawdust, Brooklyn, NY – SOLD OUT (Waitlist available)
- Sat, November 03: National Sawdust, Brooklyn, NY – SOLD OUT (Waitlist available)