End February and beginning March, Joris Teepe has several performances in New York and New Jersey.
Arriving in New York in 1992 with just his bass and a suitcase, Joris Teepe quickly met many musicians, started to work a lot, and a year later he recorded his first CD, co-led by Don Braden and featuring Cyrus Chestnut, Carl Allen, and Tom Harrell. From that point everything really took off for Joris and he became a bassist in great demand. Joris has worked witth the likes of Benny Golson, Randy Brecker, and Rashied Ali. Joris has recorded 8 albums and has established himself as a composer, record producer (many different labels and artists), educator (director of Jazz Studies at the Hanze University), and bandleader. In 2004 Joris Teepe was nominated for the Bird Award at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the category “Artist deserving wider recognition.”
- 27 February, 8:30 PM @ Sistas Place, Brooklyn, NY
- 28 February, 4:30 PM @ St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Teaneck, NJ
- 1 March, 6:00 PM @ Silvana, New York, NY
- 2 March, 11:30 AM @ Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
- 2 March, 8:30 PM @ Paddy’s, New York, NY
- 3 March, 8:30 PM @ Smalls Jazz Club, New York, NY